Friday, November 2, 2012

7Months-Color Me Cherry

Hello Beautiful(S).

So the month of July was very Cherry! I was getting really bored with my TWA and decided to spice it up a little bit. Here's the thing, I get bored with my hair easily, there is only so much styles I can do before wanting to change it up. My hair has been growing really thick, which is a far much better cry than the thin hair I had in my parallel universe of wigs and weaves. Anyways, I decided to color my hair but NOT WITHOUT RESEARCHING FIRST! It took me a week to research about the pros and cons of coloring hair, and the best color brand to use. After a week of searching and questioning my options, I settled on the clairol textures and tones, designed specifically for women on color. The best thing I liked about this color is that it has NO AMMONIA. Natural hair is really dry and brittle, and putting color chemicals like ammonia and peroxide can do more harm than good. When coloring natural hair, it is BEST to stay away from chemicals like ammonia and peroxide. There are many coloring options like rinses. Hair rinses are the best because they do not penetrate the hair shaft, the hair cuticle doesn't lift up, which means it can fade with ten washes or so. Henna is the best color dye. Henna is a natural plant that really moisturizes hair and it has been used for centuries as a natural hair dye. Henna colors the hair red, and I'm a total henna lover. So, before coloring your natural hair, remember these simple rules of hair engagement.

#1-- Do your research! Don't just walk into a beauty store and pick any color off the shelf, read the ingredients, know what you're putting in your hair.  Avoid Chemicals like the plague. Think of this like food, when you go to a restaurant, you have to know what you're ordering and know what you're eating, same with hair. Be knowledgeable.

#2--Try semi-permanent color or rinse---Before you commit to a permanent color, try coloring your hair with a rinse or semi permanent color. If for whatever reasons you don't like the results, take joy in knowing that you will not be stuck with this color for a long time. Rinses typically fade after ten washes.

#3--Know what color match your skin tone--This is pretty self explanatory. You don't want to end up with Green hair, try something that does't scream "OBNOXIOUS".

#4-- Know how to take care of color treated hair---This is REALLY important. Natural hair is generally prone to dryness, it needs moisture to thrive. Dyed hair is DRY hair. You need to constantly replenish the moisture so that the hair does't break. DEEP CONDITIONING color treated hair is not a choice, it can not be done whenever you feel like or want to. IT IS MANDATORY!. Deep conditioning is essential and I deep condition my hair two or three times a week since I colored it.

#5--Consider Professional help. If it is your first time coloring your hair, you might want to consider letting a professional do it, because most of the time they know what they are doing. I colored my hair by myself, but this is only because I did lots of research and knew what I was doing.

#6-- Embrace your colored curls. People will often try to tell you what NOT to do with your hair or how to treat it. The fact is,  It is YOUR hair. Don't let people make you feel like you made a bad choice by coloring your hair, be comfortable in your own skin and fxck what everyone else thinks! Own your hair, wear it with pride, make haters weep when they see how beautiful your natural hair truly is.


Take a look at my Hairvidence. I colored my hair Cherrywood by Clairol Textured and Tones.


Before color---in process.





After---Hello Mi Cherry!





I'm definitely feeling my new colored look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...