Monday, November 26, 2012

The Ambidextrous Project: Protective Styling.

Hello Beautiful(S).

Have you ever had one of those proud moments where the final results of something amazes you so much you can't believe it?


Well, after countless hours and months of youtube watching, I failed miserably at trying to do my own two strand flat twists. I even told myself that this is one braiding trick my hands would not, could not master, and so I went many months without trying to learn how to do the flat twists again. I was almost ready to admit defeat, but I'm one of those people who hates defeat, and I was determined to conquer the flat twist. About two weeks ago I went back on youtube to keep watching the flat twist videos, and one of the natural youtube hair vloggers explained it best for me. She said that a flat twist is just a two strand twist, done flatly on the hair. It was in that moment that a light went off in my head, (like duh! how come I never thought of this? ) The concept was so simple that I did not need to watch anymore videos, because if I could easily do a two strand twist, why not a flat twist?! All i had to do was tell my hands to do exactly what it always does when am doing a two strand twist, adding more hair and twisting flat on my scalp.  My first EVER two strand flat twist was amazing considering I have never done it before, I was so proud of it, so proud of myself for not giving up!


Hairvidence below...





After this first trial, I could not wait to try doing another one! I had these on for one week then took them out, and did another style of flat twists below..



 #mommywouldbesoproud! 

If I CAN flat twist, then I think anybody can flat twist. It takes practice and you might not get it on your first try, but keep trying until you reach perfection. YOU CAN DO IT!


Natural hair lesson : If at first you don't succeed, wash it off and try again! 


My next protective style that I want to learn how to do and do it on my hair is Senegalese twists. Still learning at the moment, but one thing is clear, I WILL master it! #Nogivingup! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...