Wednesday, October 24, 2012

6Months: Delicate Disguises


The month of July was very low key, me and my hair went on a delicate disguise affair. As much as I love wearing my natural hair out, I have learned that low manipulation is the key to length retention.

There are a couple reasons why I love wearing my hair protective style :

#1-- Low Manipulation- I recently discovered that my hair is very prone to breakage, especially when it's dry and lacking moisture. So to combat this madness, low manipulation is definitely key.

#2- Hand in Hair Syndrome-- Yup, I have what other natural hair lovers call hands in hair syndrome. Whenever i wear my hair out, I CANNOT STOP TOUCHING IT! Sometimes I do it without even noticing, the hair on my back can attest to this because recently i just discovered that the hair in the back is a bit shorter, and the skin very tender. Wearing a protective style prevents me from constantly touching my hair, which helps me retain length by preventing breakage.

#3--Laziness--Ok, sometimes after coming back from work, the last thing I want to do is spend four hours detangling, deep conditioning, washing and twisting. Sometime I just want to come home and have a Hair off day! But this doesn't mean I don't moisturize my hair, moisturizing has become more like second nature to me. I spritz my hair in the morning, and at night before I go to sleep. In fact, I have learned my hair so well that when I don't put enough moisture on it, she pays me back very dearly in knots and dryness. I HATE DRY HAIR!

#4--Growth-- So like I mentioned before, protective style is very important because it also helps the hair to grow. I usually leave my kinky twist in for 4 weeks and every time I take them out I can always see a the new growth. Braiding my hair really helps my hair to grow.

#5--I can't think of another reason why I love protective style but when I do, I'll add it!

Here are my signature look kinky braids protective style..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...