Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MINI TWSTS, NEVER AGAIN!

Having a newborn and no time to do my hair, I'm always on the hunt for a good protective style that can last me two to three weeks or even four weeks! Of course I jumped straight to youtube to see what styles I could find.  I have always liked mini twist since going natural and I guess when my hair was still a TWA, mini twists were my to go to style. So of course I decided to instal mini-twists, and regretted the decision two hours later because it was already past midnight, and I was functioning on no sleep for almost a week! But still, I was determined to finish! I finally did finish, but my hands and shoulders suffered a great deal! It took me a total of four hours because I had to stop in between to breastfeed my baby otherwise it would've taken less time, but I will not be doing mini twists again for a very long time. I had them in for three weeks, but it was the takedown that literally did it for me. It came to a point where frustration met exhaustion and all i could think of was getting the darn things out of my head. The mini-twists left my hair in knots and the sheer thought of detangling the mess literally gave me hair anxiety.


Shrinkage is a beast! On the other note, my hair has really grown, Past my collar bone! 


For styling, I just gathered them in the middle and added a faux bun! simply and easy. 

After taking them down, my hair was this knotted MESS! I almost wanted to cry detangling this mane, but luckily I have found a new detangling method that has really REALLY saved my sanity! and time!

Later,

Roots4LiA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...