Monday, January 27, 2014

Protective Designs: BANTU KNOTS.

I've been experimenting a lot lately with different protective styles that I can actually do myself. When I was pregnant and couldn't do my own hair, I spent too much ca$h getting my hair braided at the salon, and the thought of spending more than $150 was so painful that I swore to do my own hair once I was done with the pregnancy business. Although I barely get the time to do my hair now that am a mommy, I try my best to find time, sometimes its impossible, but I make sure it's darn possible! For example, the other day I woke up at 4 in the AM to wash my hair, cause this was the time my baby was sound asleep and i knew once he woke up, I could kiss free hot shower and hair washing time goodbye. So you know, I don't mind a little sleep sacrifice for a clean hair! Anyways, I digress. Bantu knots, oh i love em'! They are so simple to do and take me less than half an hour! And the added bonus is: they make my hair look so fly when I take them out! Take a look:

I'm never keen on parting my hair because it stresses me out and I can never get the lines straight. #partitionanxiety
Sometime when I'm just in the house I throw on a scarf and call it a day, but when I have some errands to run, of course the knots come apart! 




I see length! This was after cutting a good inch off because my hair was a split ends circus.   

Later,

Roots4LiA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...