Saturday, October 20, 2012

Month ONE: Antagonistic Views.

Hello Beautiful

You know what, I was going to start this post by SO...but I have decided to get into the habit of writing good grammar because there is nothing that irks me like the misuse of coordinating conjunctions. However, the word so is such a tricky little b.x.t.c.h!! It can be used in so many different ways. Anyways, I digress. I have decided to post my hair journey month by month, this way it doesn't get so overwhelming and I'll admit it, I'm not the best at updating my journal everyday, every month sounds like a decent bargain. To begin with, February was my big chop month, hence I'm going to count it as month one. This month was bitter sweet, it was hard adjusting to my TWA: tiny weeny afro. And my little brother did not miss the opportunity to tell me I looked like a boy every chance he got. What made this month sweet was the support I received from my family, both my mom and aunt loved my short SHORT hair, and this really replaced my bitter sentiments. I had to learn all the basics of natural hair care in this month, I felt like a child who had gone back to nursery school to learn her ABC's. I can really compare the feeling of this month with nursery school, because the more I looked at natural hair blogs, the more I felt so left out. All these women with natural black hair, where in the world had I been? Why had I not discovered this beauty before? I too, wanted to graduate to grade 1. To me, graduating to grade 1 equalled wearing my natural hair in a twist out. But I knew that I was going to work hard for this, that it was going to take time and patience, because in veracity,  the best things in life comes to those who wait. Patience, became my number one object to cultivate. If I was going to go through this journey, I needed to have patient above all things.


Month ONE Pics...After BC- Big Chop.



  (Note: I have no hair on my edges, thanks to years of weaving and wig-ing, but I'm on a mission to grow em back.).

Ok, because I was too uncomfortable with my hair this short, I decided to braid it with Kinky twist, these have become my most favorite protective style, they have the natural hair look and most importantly, I can still Co-wash my hair everyday or three days a week. I also deep condition my hair once a week, the kinky twist makes my hair journey so much easier. Love em'!



I use the Janet collection and they come in different colors! Love it? give it a try! Hate it? Don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...