Sunday, October 21, 2012

Month THREE: Astute Observer


The month of April turned me into an Astute Observer.

HENNA! My love for henna dates way back, before my quest for knowledge of everything natural hair began. When I was young I remember  me and my friends my friends and I used to henna our hands and oh!, how we cared and dared to love our childish ways. In fact, as a tribute to missing my younger days, I treated myself to some authentic henna from a henna salon. Take a look...




          It lasted for 3 weeks, and I loved every lasting moment.


Hair + Henna:

The benefit of Henna on hair is many of which I cannot begin to summarize because I'm feeling a little lazy, you'll have to forgive me. It's 3 am in the morning and I'm still up updating my hair journey, I'm bound to leave some details out as my mind cannot cooperate to recall accurate details. But, lucky for you, I have a link! www.mehandi.com. This website has extensive information about the benefits of henna on hair, the types of henna and best henna for hair. It is very VERY important to familiarize yourself with types of henna before using it on your hair, or skin for that matter. Not all hennas are created equal, some henna have harmful dye that can be cause adverse consequences to health. However, when choosing henna for your hair, the best thumb of rules is to look for Body Art Quality Henna. BAQ. This type of henna is 100% pure, with no harmful dyes added. If you can use it on your body, you can sure use it on your hair...again, don't quote me on this, do your own research and draw your own conclusions...Happy Henna!

Mixing Henna: There are many ways to do this I guess, but I decided to use the instructions I got from the Mehandi. com website. I simply just use Lemon Juice, and i can't remember whether I added honey or not, probably not. Anyways, i mixed the henna with lemon juice and let it sit over night in the oven, (the oven should be OFF). Why oven, because it's warm and because well, I just like it in the oven. The dye should release within a couple of hours, I always like to take that extra mile and let mine sit for 8 hours. This is not necessary.  I apply the henna before going to bed and wrap my henna head in a plastic cap. If you check out youtube, there are  many natural beautis who can show you very well how this done. So if you prefer visual directions, check out youtube.

Henna head:


                              It looks like I have cow dung on my head...


After- Henna.


 Henna turns the hair red, i don't know if you can see the red very well but out in the sun, the red shines  brightly like a candle. well, maybe not that bright but you get the point.... :) And, I should also mention that Henna is very good for hair, because if it was bad for my hair I wouldn't use it.  It left my hair feeling soft and shiny! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...